This 5 day conference, presented and hosted by AHEAD focuses on the implementation and benefits of:
- Accessible media, Universal Design and Assistive Technology in the university, business and public setting;
- Legal and policy issues, including ADA and 508 compliance;
- The creation of accessible media and information resources, including Web pages and library resources.
- Universal Design and curriculum accessibility.
- best practices for web design, reaching untapped audiences through accessible design, and compliance with existing and anticipated Section 508 and ADA stipulations.
Delegates will be interested in sessions presented by DAISY staff and Inclusive Publishing Partners:
- Richard Orme, DAISY—Getting to Grips with EPUB
- Richard Orme, DAISY—Inside EPUB
- Erin Lucas, Red Shelf—Born Accessible: Ensuring you’re Adopting Accessible Course Materials
- Richard Orme, DAISY—Creating and Remediating EPUB
- Richard Orme, DAISY—Introducing Thorium, a new free desktop EPUB reader for Windows and Mac
- George Kerscher, DAISY—EPUB Face Off: Publishers Getting it Right or Wrong. This session also includes Rachel Comerford (Macmillan), Jonathon Thurston (Pearson), Mary Conzachi (McGraw-Hill), Deb Castiglione (Cengage)
- Rick Johnson, VitalSource—Take Control! Overriding Publisher Layout for Improved Accessibility in your Ebooks
November 18-22, 2019
Westin Westminster, Colorado, U.S.A.
For further information on this excellent program and how to register visit the Accessing Higher Ground website