Ebook accessibility can be daunting if you don’t know where to start. Booknet Canada have prepared this workshop as a starting place for everyone who wants to learn how to make accessible, ready-for-the-market ebooks, regardless of their department or previous experience with ebooks. Laura Brady and Monique Mongeon head up the training team for this 4 hour session.
Subject areas will include:
- The basics of working with HTML in your EPUB
- How to test for accessibility
- How to identify and resolve errors
- The latest tools, gadgets, and gizmos to make the work easier
- How to describe your ebook for maximum discoverability
Attendees will leave with a clear understanding of how to create accessible content and understand how the decisions they make will impact the reading experience for everyone.