https://inclusivepublishing.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logotype-sized-for-web.png 0 0 Sarah Hilderley https://inclusivepublishing.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logotype-sized-for-web.png Sarah Hilderley2020-08-25 00:04:062020-09-05 13:42:25Accessing Higher Ground 2020
Accessing Higher Ground 2020
This 10 day virtual conference, presented and hosted by AHEAD focuses on the implementation and benefits of:
- Accessible media, Universal Design and Assistive Technology in the university, business and public setting;
- Legal and policy issues, including ADA and 508 compliance.
- The creation of accessible media and information resources, including Web pages and library resources.
- Universal Design and curriculum accessibility.
- Best practices for web design, reaching untapped audiences through accessible design, and compliance with existing and anticipated Section 508 and ADA stipulations.
Delegates will be interested in sessions presented by DAISY staff and Inclusive Publishing Partners:
Monday November 9th
- Pre-Conference workshop, Getting to grips with and creating and editing EPUB (Richard Orme, George Kerscher, Rachel Comerford, Joseph Polizzotto)
Friday November 13
- Reading System Face Off: How to access EPUB reading systems and how you can know which are the best (George Kerscher, Joseph Polizzotto)
- Math and STEM in EPUB: What to expect and demand (George Kerscher, Rachel Comerford, Charles La Pierre)
Tuesday November 17
- Accessible HTML – Why it’s a good format for your students and how to create it! (Joseph Polizzotto)
- Quick Talks: Campus transition to EPUB (George Kerscher, Teresa Keenan, Charles La Pierre, Joseph Polizzotto)
- Current and next generation digital study tools (Rick Johnson, Stacy Ray)
- Writing and reading accessible math in Word, HTML and EPUB (Richard Orme, George Kerscher, Charles La Pierre, Joseph Polizzotto)
Wednesday November 18
- Creating accessible OER and other materials by leveraging advanced features of Word and WordToEPUB (Richard Orme, George Kerscher, Joseph Polizzotto)
November 9-19, 2020
Visit the AHG website to learn more about this conference and the program